Friday, March 1, 2013

Simple Pleasures

 
A cup of coffee, a good book, and a comfortable chair are simple pleasures that make four o'clock in the afternoon a lovely ritual. Sometimes I'm joined by my husband, and I'm well aware it's an amazing blessing to have him share this quiet time with me. I have female friends who have lost their spouses, and that makes me appreciate mine all the more. 
 
 

Recently we dined at a restaurant we like. Of course, it offers great food. Erwin's also has atmosphere due to vibrant colors, art, old photos, and antiques. 


 
 
Here's my date waiting for his food.
He told me to put my camera away.
I snapped one more of the cotton bolls.
 
 
Hope your Saturday plans include some simple pleasures. If the weather permits I'm meeting my dear friend Kaye for shopping on the square. Only snow flurries are expected.
Until next time...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...