Friday, March 15, 2013

Over in the Studio

One of my favorite pastimes is searching for art that appeals to me... looking for forgotten art that someone felt compelled to do. My most recent art find came from Goodwill for five dollars. I really think it is worth much more than that.
 
 
 
 
Artist and Date Unknown
 
 
I like how the man is sitting...maybe resting, thinking, or just looking out the window.
 
 
I inspected the back for a name or date, and this is what I found - more art. Both sides of the canvas had been used.
 
 
It has been weeks since I have been over to this work space area I affectionately call a "studio." For fun I decided to do something I saw on Pinterest...using old dictionary pages to create a little bit of art. 
 
 
 
 Here the apple green paint is drying. Goodbye old brown boring frame.
 
 
  Here is a colored pencil drawing on a dictionary page. I borrowed the flower and bird design.

 
 
Before I close here's a poem I want to share.
 
DAYS
Karle Wilson Baker
 
 
Some days my thoughts are just cocoons-all cold, and
          dull, and blind,
They hang from dripping branches in the grey woods of my
           mind;
 
 
And other days they drift and shine-such free and flying
            things!
I find the gold-dust in my hair, left by their brushing wings.
 

1 comment:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

LOVE your painting...both sides!! Too bad they can't both be showing at the same time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...