Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Small Changes

Although loving Christmas decorating, I can honestly say I'm glad the house is returning to its normal state. One day of after Christmas shopping turned up these finds.

 This ornament was half price.
I hung it in the kitchen window for a daily inspiration.
 

 
 
 
According to the antique shop owner, a large lot of letters came from an old Memphis school that was torn down. I chose the "S" for Sandy and the "C" for Corkey or for our last name Clowes. Two for ten dollars seemed like a fair price. Anyway loving letters the way I do, they came home to a place of honor on the mantel.
 
 
 
I hope to work on my booth this week. I added a corner cabinet and another shelving unit to my space. These were two pieces my daughter didn't take to Austin. Now that the two sewing machines have sold I need to round up some furniture replacements . Maybe my next post will take you on a visit to the booth.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, those are really wonderful letters! Good find!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Those letters were a great find!! Lucky you :) Happy New Year!! Laurel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...