Monday, March 7, 2011

Sometimes...

I like to post even when there's not much happening in my corner of the world. This morning as I stepped out of the dentist office, I saw this lovely tree in bloom.
Then it was on to my mother's care facility. She is forgetting more and more and is often confused. I cherish the fact that she knows me , and we still have sweet exchanges and hugs.

With the past few days having been rainy and cloudy, I have been inside going through old photos, cards, and other things. I came across a small collection that I had stored inside a ceramic bowl... you know "out of sight, out of mind" assortment.



I really am not sure about the age or purpose of these little figurines. They may have been carnival prizes or souvenirs. I like the backside of the couple best because of their embrace. My favorite is the child on the sled with the tiny heart on the chest.
          

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet.

beth

Joy said...

Lovely post...may you have many more sweet times and hugs with your mother.

Mscutiepatootie said...

I haven't read your blog in ages, Sandy. so glad to see you are still here and that your mom is still doing well. think of you often. Hugs,Nancy

Andrea said...

Love, absolutely LOVE those figurines! Adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...