Sunday, February 20, 2011

Special Hours

On Saturday I met my friend Kaye for shopping, lunch, and more shopping. Of course, the whole time we were talking...catching up on each other's lives and reminiscing about the days when we were young teachers and young mothers.


Today I have been reliving those hours and thinking about all the things I forgot to ask or share. But most of all I have been thinking about the blessing of this special friend. 

At a flea market we visited I bought this book for three dollars. It has 349 pages packed with old illustrations, poems, excerpts from stories and plays, entries from letters and journals, recipes, and songs. Below is a quote from this little big book. 



Life has  taught me that love
does not consist of gazing at
each other but looking together
in the same direction.
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

Son Jo did this pencil sketch of Cork and me years ago.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...