Monday, May 11, 2020

Memories, Motherhood, and Mother's Day

Mother's Day...an emotional day for me, and I suspect it is for many others, too.

Becoming a mother is a momentous event, and I experienced it twice. I'm so thankful for the wonder and joy of motherhood, the blessings of a son and daughter.







































































But for me Mother's Day is about my own mom. And thoughts of her are many on that special day and other days. I was glancing through a simple journaling notebook and came across this picture page. Yes, the bond between mothers and daughters is definitely strong. 


Even though I had wonderful phone calls, text messages, sweet cards with handwritten messages, and lovely flowers there was still an emptiness and sadness about the day. I'm sure a lot had to do with missing my own mom. Also
this year there's the coronavirus and the necessity of social distancing. Plus some of the kids and grandkids live very far away. So you take the happy with the sad and move on. 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...