Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Special Basket

My father had three sisters. His oldest sister Lois did not marry. She remained in the family home with her mother who needed assistance after a surgery that left Clara Crum partially paralyzed. Aunt Lois was sweet and kind, but seemed sad, too. Was it because she had missed out on some of life's opportunities? I don't know how Aunt Lois truly felt. Maybe she was just quiet and shy. When I was a young girl I remember visits to her upstairs bedroom where she would show me different belongings she treasured. This basket was one of her possessions. 



She wrote her name and Sellersburg, Ind. on the bottom.

I am using it as a fall display with a collection of wood and plastic fruits.

It is strange that you can have family relatives and not really know them.

I wonder what their childhood experiences were like when all five siblings were  together...Everett, Lois, Elmer, Mary Ruth, and Jane. How did they interact in their growing up years? What were their favorite pastimes and activities? 

I only got to know and love them as grownups.
I miss them. There are many questions I would ask them now.


2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

Wow! i love the story connected to the basket. I wish I had asked more questions while loved one were still here with me. I never thought about it back then.

BitsAndPieces said...

Same with me, Mary. I feel like there's
so much I failed to find out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...