Friday, July 19, 2019

Still Here

It is startling to see the days of summer speeding by. 

 I finished my art journal. Many pages of practice...some good, some lousy.

My friend Charlotte took home this angel painting. When she lost her son recently, I told her about my angel paintings and offered her one. She is holding the one she chose.



We saw Gunner off at the Memphis Airport. He is sure to have an exciting time in Dallas with Uncle Lester. He's attending some special sessions at Fusion Academy this week.  Nick and Lucas are sure to miss him!





I drove to Jackson yesterday to meet Alice and Carla at Rafferty's. Carla has missed our last two reunions so we planned this meeting to catch up with her.
She has moved into a smaller home, has met a special friend named James,  
and is busy writing her second book. The three of us move a little slower and admit to aging problems we wish we didn't have. But we continue to feel blessed.

Tomorrow there's a funeral to attend to honor the memory of an outstanding individual. Ms. Calhoun instilled in her students a love of learning, especially for math. 

l to r- Glenda Calhoun, Sandy Clowes, Kathy Bowling, and Elaine McCullough

We were a team of third grade teachers, and our time together was very special.


More and more I realize how short this life is.
Trying my best to cherish each day...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...