Sunday, February 24, 2019

When It Rains...

With so many rainy days in a row you would think I would have every closet,  drawer, and room organized. Not so. I have been in a do-nothing mood. I've had the time but not the motivation. Hard to explain my lethargic mood.

But today the sunshine is out. Wonderful!



In a recent blog post I mentioned cursive writing. Both my parents had distinctive handwriting styles. I decided to make this post about their lovely signatures.


My mother filled out the inscription page to the large Bible she used for years.
As a young girl her Bible fascinated me because of its size, the tabs, and pictures. I remember it well as I sat beside her in the Swartz Baptist Church,
Swartz, Louisiana.









Before marrying my dad Mother was in nursing school and became a registered nurse. I have a few of her textbooks. 








In the back of one textbook she wrote:
  



In this Reference Handbook for Nurses she signed with her nickname and married name.






In grade school my mom usually signed my report cards. But a few times my dad did. 


I think his capital C is most unusual.




My dad did not go by Elmer Ward but was called Crum by family and friends. Sometimes friends affectionately referred to him as Cookie.



 He addressed a Valentine card to my mom using both cursive and manuscript.


And so I'll close with this thought...

Sentimental me loves writing samples of my parents, friends, children, and grandchildren...each one special and unique.

1 comment:

mary Eldred said...

I have my Dad's signature taped to a mirror in my jewelry box so i can see it often. I just took the pages from things both my grandmothers filled out and put them in the scrapbook with their pictures. We are truly kindred souls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...