Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Traces of Past Lives

A student once gave me a set of very old books. They were worn and tattered, just barely hanging together.


Recently I moved them to a different spot and paid attention to the drawings and signatures within them. I like to wonder about the individuals who once touched and used these volumes. What were their life stories?


 This car drawing is on the inside cover flap of the Idylls book.




The Julius Caesar volume had pencil doodles and this one drawing on the introduction page.




Other volumes belonged to Emma and Joseph.



I am a fan of cursive writing and believe it should be part of the school curriculum.
A person's writing style is as unique as one's personality.

2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

Great blog. it was interesting, thought provoking. i really enjoyed it.

BitsAndPieces said...

Thanks for the message. So many times
I wish we lived closer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...