Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Paper Memories

A month or so ago I came across a passage that I had written in high school. It was about my dad giving me driving lessons in the pasture at my grandfather's farm in Louisiana. I had completely forgotten about those very first driving lessons.


Tonight I found myself back in 2016. So many little details I had forgotten. I found myself smiling as I read through the pages.


 This little 1 year diary was the beginning. It was given to me on December 23, 1962, by my close girlfriend at the time Linda Ann Smith. I never completely filled it out as I switched to notebook paper inside folders. Several of my later journals were also gifts from friends - Fran, Cora, Mary - and daughter Lauren.

 
  I dearly love passages that have been written. Letters, cards, and notes are special for that reason.

Sadly I seldom write letters anymore.

However, my journal writing hasn't slowed yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...