Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Pleasure of Collecting

"A collection reveals an insight into the collector. The objects that we seek,
enjoy, and display in our homes - whether they are works of fine art or 
sentimental keepsakes - open a window to our passions, our whimsies, and 
our lives."


I guess I like too many things, but some of my favorites are:

old croquet balls
dough bowls
candlesticks
paintings
pretty dishes
baskets
butter pats
creamers
pitchers
teapots
cups and saucers
pottery
crocks and bowls
books
figurines 
and 
Christmas ornaments










I'm sure I left a few things off my list, but you get the idea... I am a collector.

 There is the thrill of the hunt followed by the pleasure of building a collection. It's nice to be surrounded by objects you consider beautiful or meaningful. They also become reminders of people and places.

This early find in the college town of Jackson, TN, is both beautiful and meaningful to me.

Certain pieces speak to us, and that's the joy of collecting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...