Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear April

This dear month will soon be gone. Unbelievable!





Every year I seem to enjoy gardening more and more. I've been working on flowerbeds and planters during April.
 
 
 
Corkey and I had a wonderful getaway day in Savannah, Tennessee. We met friends at Hagy's Catfish Hotel Restaurant on the Tennessee River.
 
 

 


I spent some time with my mother on this rainy Monday. Quiet moments looking out her window...a squirrel digging, a robin capturing a worm, raindrops hitting puddles of water.
 
I miss the talks we used to have. I miss her ready smiles. I miss her intelligence, her drive, her personality.
 
A few days ago someone who had known Mother called her a "firecracker." The term made me smile.
 
There are days now when she can't remember my name, but no matter, for she is my precious Mom.  Dear April...    

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...