Thursday, December 12, 2013

Here and There

Here, there, and everywhere...a little bit of Christmas decor. Treasured items can be found at my writing desk. The book of poems was a gift from high school friend Linda Smith. Her handwritten inscription in the front is very touching since her departure came way too soon in 1994.
 
 
My close friend Mary stitched the Christmas card with the child pulling a sled. Every year I display this special card. Mary and I share a meaningful friendship that began in high school.  
 
the poetry book, figurine I once gave my mother
for her Santa Collection, and folk art box by Claire Burke 

wood boxes, spool of ribbon, and tiny Spode Christmas Tree creamer 
 
 
new favorite project:candle cozies from old sweater cuffs
Bookcase in the entry always gets an overflow of personal favorites.  
 
pipe cleaner hearts
 
paper birds
 

Little tree is decked out in mostly red, gold, and cream. This year the tree is residing over in what was Mother's apartment. Les and Pennee use the apartment when they come for the holidays.
 
I'll close for now. I have a load of clothes to do and lunch to prepare. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...