Friday, November 15, 2013

Baking




My husband is the cook at our house, and I am the baker. These are four sweets I prepared for tomorrow's church bake sale. 


While waiting for a Sock-It-To-Me cake to cool, I decided to use the time to write this quick post. Whenever I make cookies, I think of my Grandmother Barnes. Oh, how I wish I had paid more attention to her skills in the kitchen! Her chocolate cookies were the best I ever ate...crunchy on the edges but soft in the middle. My brother and I reminisce about those cookies and how fast we would clean out her canister.

Well, I hope folks will drop by the bake sale and clean out all the cookie and cake selections.  I know tonight Corkey and I had a few too many test samples.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...