Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Footnote

A bit of sparkle for the garden
I worked on flowerbeds this week and realized what a poor gardener I have been. Just keeping the planters watered is quite a chore on these hot days. I managed to pull weeds and cut back lots of irises. That birdbath stand once supported a top bowl. For now the Garden Ridge find from my recent trip will rest there.  

 
Inside I found places for two round balls featuring birds.  There was one long aisle at that Garden Ridge store that had scores of decorated round balls.  It was not easy making choices 'cause I liked so many.  The green one went on top of a pitcher, and the blue one ended up in a basket.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."
                                           - Iris Murdoch







Today we attended the funeral of a fine man who knew about the joys of family and friends. As a Christian, he touched many lives. He will be missed for his strong leadership, sweet smile, and kind personality.  
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The balls are gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...