Thursday, September 13, 2012

Passing Through

I don't like to go too many days without checking in and sharing a few thoughts. While browsing through a magazine I came across these words.

"Decorating is a journey. There's always something coming in and something going out. A few things stay forever."  -Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan

How true! One of my forever pieces is this English washstand I have shown before. I see it many times during the day as it sits in the hallway that passes
through our house.




Perhaps I have already mentioned the story that goes with the washstand. Forgive me if I am repeating myself. But I do like to tell  it. It and another piece of furniture were outside by the road near a gas station. The tiles grabbed my attention. I had to have it! But first I had to discuss the purchase with my husband. For a young married couple in the early 1970's forty-five dollars was a lot of money to spend on something that was not very practical. I wanted it mainly for its looks...those tile colors had spoken to my heart. Their rich colors still speak to my heart. I don't think I will ever grow tired of this special find.
 
 
My favorite colors...green, gold, brown, rust... are about to put on their fall show. My favorite season has arrived.
 
 
Today we had rain...a welcome sight and sound. But there was plenty of warm sunshine, too. All in all a glorious day. 
           

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...