Thursday, October 20, 2011

Addicted

I think I now have an addiction to inexpensive forgotten treasures. These finds usually turn up at antique malls, thrift stores, Goodwill, Salvation Army, and yard sales.



The little standing lamb was too sweet to leave behind. With three lambs I have the start of a collection. Actually I think I have a few more packed away with Christmas boxes. 

This dark wood plate I debated about in my mind, but the quote by Helen Keller was the deciding factor. Also liked the tree and bench in the scene.


What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love becomes a part of us. - Helen Keller 

The horse clock continues to run, and I am getting used to it on the wall.


These two prints I have had since the  1970's. I never tire of the storefront or the bookstore.


I am reading a good book that I don't want to end. It's a story of enduring friendship. 

I have another Kristin Hannah book to read after this one. I'm also pouring over the pages inside this Country Living decorating book.  


Autumn days are meant to be enjoyed so let's you and I remember to take the time to savor the sights, smells, and activities of fall.    

1 comment:

Joy said...

Love your sweet little treasures. Those are the type of things that need a home.

Just finished Firefly Lane...will wait to see how you like the ending. What other book of KH are you reading?

Happy Autumn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...