Monday, August 1, 2011

A Monday Memory

As my friends and I discovered Monday is not always the best day to go antiquing. Some stores around the town square were closed, but we hit the open ones and a couple out on the main highway. The Past Times Antiques building was once the drugstore on the corner.


 Mary, Nancy, and I liked the shape and handle of this painted wooden container.

This candle holder made from a spoon and thimble was worth a second look. 

This sign is a new item in our store booth.

I can imagine this wagon filled with pumpkins in the fall.

Buttons decorate this recipe on an oatmeal box lid. The white button says "Idle Time." 

Wonder which will sell first - the curio cabinet or the rake? 

This hanging guardian angel was made in the USA by Clothing Confections.

My shopping finds - a jar, oval frame, and magazine 

I chose this back issue for the article on artist Malcolm Liepke. I liked the subjects of his paintings.   


Our summer get-together went by too quickly. Thank goodness for emails and facebook since Nancy lives in Florida. Mary and I may live in different states, but we're only about an hour's drive apart. 


Well, August is here, and it is HOT! The sweltering heat really makes me appreciate air-conditioning and a glass of ice cold water. 

   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a curio cabinet just like the one you showed & I painted it white!! Love all the goodies...
Marilyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...