Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Never To Be Forgotten Kindness

 It has taken me a long time to find a spot for this little shelf. It may have been one of my first purchases at Burk's Antiques in Dyersburg, TN. The shop was in a log cabin.

The shop and the owners are gone, but the memories remain.

 Mary and LeRoy Burks were wonderful to me. This lovely couple allowed me (and I'm sure others) to charge purchases and pay for pieces on a monthly basis. They  made it possible for a very young teacher to acquire some beautiful antique furniture and accessories.




From their shop: two washstands, rolltop desk, old icebox, two rocking chairs, hutch, English child's bed, round oak table and six chairs, candlesticks, pitchers


I no longer have all the large pieces in the list. In my present home I still use the rocking chairs, washstands, and hutch. My daughter has the round oak table. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...