Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Days of Quiet

I am enjoying my quiet home before kids and grandkids start arriving on Friday.




Bottle brush trees may be my favorite simple Christmas decoration.

My mom helped me with this sampler when I was in the fifth grade.
The trophy was a P. T. A. merit award presented to her in 1959.

The items on this tier stand are mementoes from the past:
a 1977 covered bridge ornament, a tiny vintage nativity,
childhood photo of my mother, a family pewter ornament
I purchased after Lauren was born to signify our family
of four, and a fun paper ornament of a naughty and nice list
with names of our blended family.



Three views of the vintage ornaments
I collect and love


Hope you are preparing for a joyful Christmas.

2 comments:

mary Eldred said...

I lover bottle trees too! Enjoy looking at your decorations especially since thios year I have none :(

BitsAndPieces said...

Well, at least you won't have to spend time
taking decorations down. Sure hope you
are feeling better.

Thanks for checking the
blog. In my entries I hope you have spotted
some lovely items I've received from you.
Thank you, Mary, for such wonderful
treasures.

Love, San

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...