Sunday, November 13, 2016

Music and Barbecue

Thursday, November 10




It took my Indiana cousins coming into town to get me to the famous Sun Studio. I'm glad Ellen was determined to see this Memphis landmark because it did not disappoint. Our young guide knew her background material, shared it enthusiastically, and enjoyed playing the famous recordings of the past for us in the tour group.



THE MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET






Our next stop that day was The Bar-b-q Shop for sandwiches and ribs.


Ellen and Kathy 


My brother Ron with Ellen and Kathy

We had such a fun day. Maybe my cousins will share their pictures, and I'll be able to post another quartet -  we four cousins standing in the very spot where Elvis recorded and with the microphone he used.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...