Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Favorite Spot

Even if the creative juices are not flowing, I still like to come here and sit.
It soothes me to be surrounded by things that I love...rubber stamps, art books, decorative objects, and my attempts at art.




I keep moving supplies around in an effort to find the best arrangement.


You may remember this memo board from my February 23, 2011, treasure hunting entry. I have been checking on it periodically at the antique mall. Since it wasn't an antique and not even a window frame like I first thought, I thought it was priced way too high. At the end of March 2012 I gave in and considered buying due to a 20% off sale.  As I was looking at it, the booth owner kindly knocked off a few more dollars. Now that it's in my "studio" space, I prefer it without memos. Bare it reminds me of a cathedral window. 


Now to muster up a bit of courage and create on that blank canvas. 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, I love your favorite spot! And I feel the same way, just being around my linen and threads makes me happy. Sometimes if too tired to stitch, I'll sit and go through threads or something in my stash and it makes everything right in the world :)

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Love your creative space! Enjoy :) Laurel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...