Thursday, December 11, 2008

Best Month for Mail



Christmas cards are starting to arrive. I don't even mind the cold walk to the mailbox. One problem I have each year is deciding how to show them off. Sometimes I drape them over a long ribbon or tuck them around a door frame or heap them in a basket. This year I'm going to use letter holders. I have four different styles I have secured over the years. They will keep the beautiful cards displayed, and they'll be close for reading and rereading. The card above was stitched in 1983 by my longtime friend Mary. I love this card! I also love that we have been friends since high school. Each Christmas Mary's card comes out of a storage drawer and gets an honorary position on the tall bookcase.

1 comment:

Mscutiepatootie said...

I love that hand stitched card. How special. Wish I was at your house. I can't seem to get into the decorating thing this year. Love, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...